Saturday, April 26, 2014

More Hoots for the Year of the Owl

I finished Heritage Crafts Three Little Maids, this pattern as been in my stash for ages and ages. I thought it was going to be big, the pattern pages where huge, once I stitched it up not so big. What was I waiting for. I stitched them using DMC and 28 ct white Monaco by Charles Craft.


 photo threelittlemaidsapril1520141_zpse99a902d.jpg

Cute hoots Ollie

This is Just Nan’s Ollie. Cute little owl on orange. I messed up the tail feathers but decided not to frog to fix it so the colors are not as they were on the pattern, oh well; I think he is still cute even with his imperfections.

This a a 32ct maybe 30ct linen called carrot. The threads are DMC mostly and GAST – Hazelnut. The beads, snaps felt and ribbons all came with the kit, I had to order the owl bed separately.



 photo CuteHootsOllieApril20142_zps055fa895.jpg



ollie photo CuteHootsOllieApril20141_zps6a063681.jpg

Oakhavens April

Another one of Tonia’s owls from her 2011 SAL. I never did them then, but they are getting done now in my year of the owl. I worked this one at work during my lunch break. I get 30 minutes, took me 3 days to do it. So this is a fast stitch.

April is stitched on 28ct Stellar Laguna I think by Weeks Dye Works, but I am not 100% sure on that. I used DMC to stitch April.

april photo OakhavenAprilOwl_zpsd83f3502.jpg



Major

This is Just Nan’s Tree Hallow Hoot with “Major” hoot charm. This was a 1 night stitch up. Decided I am going to turn this into a No Sew Cube. The fabric is a 28ct, but I don’t remember the name of it. The threads are all DMC. The pattern for Major came with the charm.

 photo TreeHallowHootApril2014_zps4cad63e6.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment