Monday, October 10, 2011

13 hours, the open road, me and my boy.

We made it to Utah. The drive was amazing. So beautiful. We saw snow, not very exciting to those of you that get snow, but to me from a desert snow is a rare oddity. We made pretty good time too. Got here about 6:30 so that trip took us 12 ½ hours. Not bad, about an hour longer then my Google Map said it would take.


So here are some of the pictures from along the way. First pit stop was Flagstaff Arizona. That is the San Francisco Peaks, and the whitest one, Mt. Humphrey, highest point in Arizona.

Photobucket

This is the a rock rattle snake

Photobucket

Here is a really pretty view of Mt. Humphrey.

Photobucket

Additional views to the San Francisco Peaks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rock Formations near the top of Arizona, I think they are in between Tuba City and Page.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

None of these are the Grand Canyon, but it sure looks like it doesn’t it.

Photobucket

The Boy says it was freezing; he is the one that wore a sleeveless shirt and shorts.

Photobucket

Lake Powell

Photobucket

The bridge at Glen Canyon Dam

Photobucket

I assume this is Glen Canyon

Photobucket

Glen Canyon Dam

Photobucket

A lizard I shot a bunch of pictures of at Glen Canyon Dam

Photobucket

Snow and Mountains in Utah, this is between the US 89 and the I-15 on the state Route 20

Photobucket

B on the Mountain in Beaver Utah, Birth place of Butch Cassidy.

Photobucket

Today we are off to the Expo and the aquarium.


* If you post a comment and my boys name, please do not post his name. Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Stunning pics! Being from a no snow place I understand your excitement :-)

    ReplyDelete