Monday, October 10, 2011

Wasatch Reptile Expo and Living Planet Aquarium, Salt Lake City Utah

I slept in late today, it was after 8 or 9 when I finally got up, normally I am up at 6:30 sleeping in for me is 7 am. I am an early bird. However, I did get up the day before at 4 am, even if I lay in bed until 5 am. Then spent 13 hours on the road, and didn’t head to bed until 1pm. I also took some night time pain meds, was sore from sitting for 13 hours and my legs were real jumpy, so I wanted to calm them down, or try at least.


So today we went to the reptile expo. I have never been to one before. It was interesting. This was the Wasatch Reptile Expo. Wasn’t much to get in only $7. They had all kinds of great creatures in there. Gargoyle Geckos, Crested Geckos, Day Geckos, Bearded Dragons, Ball Pythons, Red Tails and so many more. It was great. I loved it, I had a blast. Saw some beautiful animals. A huge tortoise, a couple of Red Foots, big snakes too. There were local animals for viewing only and a guy who does reptile rescues. He had a couple of baby alligators, a Gila Monster on display, and a really neat looking monitor.

Sulcata

Photobucket

Gila Monster

Photobucket

Cutest Sea Monkeys on the planet

Photobucket

Salazar Slytherin “Slyther” his name is a collaborated effort. There was suggestions of Snape, which I did entertain, I did after all love his character in the books and movies. He was my favorite HP Character. But Slytherin works better, we can call him Slyther for short. This is a male Arizona Mountain Kingsnake. He has beautiful markings is around 5 years old and has a docile personality, I just fell in love with him when I held him. Easy going mellow. Male, I don't breed so males are better, no egg binding possibilites. He is about 3-4 feet long.

Photobucket

After the Expo we went to the Living Planet Aquarium http://www.thelivingplanet.com/ . I love going to zoos and aquariums when I travel. Here they have some South African Penguins, a huge Burmese Python named Peaches, lots of great looking frogs, a touch tank with rays, little touch tanks with a chocolate chip star fish, horseshoe crabs, pencil urchins, and brittle star fish. They had 2 huge aquatic hermit crabs, and a cool looking shrimp. Sharks, there was a woebegone, white time and leopard shark. And my favorite a lion fish, two actually. I just think they are beautiful fish. If I ever had a salt water tank, that is what I would have in my tank at least one. Probably 2, just for them.

The boy in front of Peaches exhibit, we have the magazine to send a picture to Reptiles Magazine.

Photobucket

Jelly Fish

Photobucket

Moon Jellies

Photobucket

The boy on a frog

Photobucket

A beautiful lion fish

Photobucket

I think this was a dwarf caiman

Photobucket

Giant Pacific Octopus

Photobucket

Southern Stingray

Photobucket

Tomorrow we go on a scenic drive of the area, and I hope to get some really great photos. We are going to visit a landmark called Devils Slide.

* If you post a comment and my boy’s name, please do not post his name. Thanks

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you all are having a great time.

    Oh by the way I can receive texts now just in case you want to talk.

    ReplyDelete