Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Where the Deer and the Antelope play and a little pumpkin

Photobucket

Today October 11, 2011 was absolutely beautiful. This morning we spent time at my friends house, just hanging out. This afternoon we went to Antelope Island. We saw huge Bison, went out to a working Ranch, we saw the lake and I got some awesome pictures of the mountains. There are even Antelope on the island now. There was even a gorgeous rainbow over the lake at the end of the island tour.

On the island is a real working sheep, ranch. Well it use to be a really sheep ranch, they still run horses out of the ranch and it is pretty much a visitor attraction now. There is so much stuff on the ranch from when they use to have a sheep ranch.

Photobucket

There is 500-700 buffalo on the ranch, we saw a very small percentage of these animals on our driving tour of the island, we did however manage to get close to the animals to get some incredible pictures.

Photobucket

I can say I stick my fingers in the Great Salt Lake. It is a gross smelling lake. Gross looking on the shore too, lots of dead brine shrimp floating in the water. It is my understanding is that the Great Salt Lake is no deeper than 30 feet at any spot, and the only thing that can live in it is Brine Shrimp, Sea Monkeys.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Over the lake I saw the mountains that border Salt Lake City, Ogden, Roy and the other cities along the East Shore of the Great Salt Lake. And towards the very end of the day, a rainbow.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We then went to Hobby Lobby I need a 12 by 12 pillow form. I didn’t find a 12x12 pillow form, but I got goodies to make Christmas ornaments for my new pets from this year.

We also made Yo-Yo Pumpkin. They are really cute little projects and work up so fast. I had a blast making my pumpkin. These are really easy to make a lot of fun to make too.

Photobucket

Tomorrow we go out to the zoo.

* If you post a comment and my boy’s name, please do not post his name. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment