Friday, September 16, 2011

Poor Grumpy & Candy

She sits in my lap as I write this. Poor Grumpy had to go back to the vet. She had a reaction to the sutures from her spay 3 weeks ago. Has a little infection going. So some medicines and some love from the vet tech, and the vet calling her a Fritten. LOL I actually thought that was cute. I like my vet she has a good bed side manner. I brought her home, and she wears the cone of shame like my poor puppy had to. She can't lick herself.

Good news the abdomen wall is intact and her temp is normal so since I brought her in when I did noting serious to worry about.

They gave me an antibiotic for her, Betadine scrub and silver sulfate. Have to give her the meds 2x a day for 14 days and clean the area with the betadine scrub and apply the silver 2x a day. I feel so bad for my little kitten.

Photobucket
Photobucket

It is miserable watching her flop around trying to get the cone off. Grumpy has gotten the cone off - lasted 5 minutes. I will just have to watch her when I apply the meds and think of something else. Maybe some vet wrap, just enough to keep her toung from her belly.

And some good news, I finally got Candy to eat. I was stressing over her not wanting too. She is so small and I knew she couldn't hold out as long as a big snake can.

1 comment:

  1. Awww poor Grumpy, she still looks awful cute. Great news on Candy eating.

    ReplyDelete