Thursday, November 24, 2011

Busy Weekend

I spent Saturday out at my Grandparents house. We did an arts and crafts project. We made the pumpkins my friend taught me on my visit to Utah. My Mom made a red one for an apple, my Aunt, my Grandmother and myself each made a pumpkin, and my Aunt also made a Christmas tree. My Mom liked my Aunt Christmas tree so much she took the parts home with her to make one too. I have the left over parts that I am going to make into apples and trees.

Photobucket


After crafting we played card games. We played Five Crowns and Shanghai. Shanghai is a version of Rummy and Five Crowns is a card game invented by a couple in Fountain Hills, Arizona. You can find the game in most game shops and on Amazon.com.

Photobucket

Sunday I must have got a burr under my saddle or something. Got my kitchen and living room super clean. I cleared off shelves, I got the vacuum out and moved furniture around so I could get under and behind it. I usually only do what you can see, I spent a good 45 minutes running the vacuum.

I also moved around a couple of the animals. Slyther got a bigger cage and the mice got Slyther’s old cage. Mikey is unhappy, I moved the dresser she lived under to the other side of the room. I can’t convince her that she can move over to the other side of the room and still live under the dresser. She has been storming about the living room ticked off looking for her dresser.

Photobucket

I got the valance in the bathroom hung up, so it hides the window when the curtains are open and I hung up the curtains in my son’s room. Much better than the before. I still need to do my bedroom,  and the kitchen.
Before
Photobucket

After
Photobucket

before
Photobucket

after
Photobucket
I did get a little stitching done this weekend between my frequent trips to Pioneer Trail and getting lost in my books. I am behind on my Great Escape Owl. I need to finish putting the head on my owl. I am waiting for part 6 so I can print the next set of instructions and I think that is his face.
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment